Full relocation offered for this role. Must have strong Java development skills to develop custom plug ins
The Senior Appian BPM Java Developer will be responsible for the full software development life cycle of Appian BPM and Java/J2EE based applications.
- Design, develop, modify, integrate, test, deploy and support enterprise-level Appian based BPM and Java/J2EE applications.
- Translate business process software requirement specifications into Appian process model prototypes and solutions.
- Support planning activities, such as impact and level of effort analysis.
- Deliver projects in either Agile or Waterfall software development methodologies, as project dictates.
- Design and implement complex enterprise integrations with industry standard technologies such as DB2, Sybase, Weblogic, LDAP/TAM, Active Directory and other internal systems in the enterprise.
- Develop and use library of reusable Appian components that can be leveraged in the enterprise.
- Conduct and participate in detailed design reviews and validate that the design follows the approved architecture.
- Participate in the day-to-day activities of the Appian BPM and Java development teams.
5+ years' experience in Information Technology.
- Bachelor degree
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in design, implementation and production support of Appian BPM applications. Work experience must be with Appian version 7.x or higher.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in design, implementation and production support of Java/J2EE applications.
- Have working knowledge of Appian architecture.
- Experience in tuning the system for performance improvements and performance related system design.
- Thorough understanding of relational databases, SQL, XML and web services (SOAP/REST)
- Experience applying Object Oriented Analysis and Design principles.
- Knowledge of business process modelling and optimization techniques, including orchestration of modeled process
- Some exposure to infrastructure, network and enterprise scale environments.
- Practical experience designing and building enterprise and/or distributed systems.